As the conference will be fully virtual, no events will take place locally in Ghent. Yet, Ghent has much to offer, so we leave this information here in case you want to pay us a visit at another time.
At the main station of Ghent, Gent-Sint-Pieters, you will find railway links to all the cities in Belgium. This city also has a direct line to Brussels International Airport. Upon arrival, please go to floor -1 of the Brussels International Airport. From there you can take either a direct train to Ghent-Sint-Pieters (one every hour) or you can change trains in Brussels to get Ghent.
Ghent has a well-organised public transport system with an extensive tram and bus network. You can get anywhere in and around Ghent by tram or bus from early morning to late night. Tram 1 travels from the main railway station, Gent-Sint-Pieters, to the city centre every ten minutes.
More information on visitgent.
Visa for Belgium
Please check the Belgian Embassy or Consulate in your own country to check if you need a visa to come to Belgium. You will be able to request an invitation letter through your conference registration form.
Information about the hotels
- NH Gent Belfort (from 111 EUR / night)
- ibis Gent Centrum St. Baafs Kathedraal (from 95 EUR/night)
- Novotel Gent Centrum (from 119 EUR/night)
- Marriott Hotel (from 273 EUR/night)
- Hotel Monasterium PoortAckere (from 87 EUR/night)
- Guesthouse PoortAckere (from 45 EUR/night)
- Hostel Uppelink Ghent (from 18EUR/night)
Booking the hotels:
For further information about the beautiful city of Ghent, see visitgent.